domingo, 20 de enero de 2008

Disciplines


One of my disciplines is to annually enter a short story competition, do I hear you say easy??

Yes I like to enter because sometimes I enjoy writing shorter texts, but still find it hard to say all I want in the realms of six pages. So it is a discipline of meeting a deadline, keeping to the number of pages......and here´s where it gets difficult. Write it in Castillano (Spanish) and although I can speak the language, writing it is not so easy.

Typically I always leave it until the last weeks before settling down and writing, firstly in English then into Spanish, but some how it loses the flow, it does not come across the same. Maybe I should write it first in Spanish...difficult and impossible. So here we are two weeks to go, and I have started, Last year I entered a rather strange love story, but this year it going to be a spiritual story, the notes are already waiting. Time to go

2 comentarios:

Catherine Hudspith dijo...

Hope, you write like I used to produce my college assignments - slowly at first then a little panic - good luck with your short story, knock their socks off. Cath

Hope dijo...

thanks Cath, but I have thrown the towel in, on this one