domingo, 13 de septiembre de 2009

The Long and Winding Road


Still nothing, but better than confirmation of rejection.
I have been looking at the Amazon/self publish scheme, and thinking with the small book I finally completed, (not the one I am sending to Publishers) that I may go this route. It looks a good way to produce a book, but almost too good. I feel I will try it as they give you an ISBN no.
Can´t find much information from people who have used it, so if anyone out there has a knowledge or experience, I would be pleased to hear from you, otherwise later I will give you my experience.
I hate the term "Vanity Publishing" for I believe some writers will never get into print, (I have 3 past rejections) Truth is it is very hard to get published. For me, I think the small book, I would rather self publish and maybe sell a few copies than it sitting on the shelf collecting dust. I had looked at LuLu in the past, so lets see.
I am writing, lots of different pieces, and have one novel on the go but it´s progress has slowed down a little. Next Friday, I shall be leaving for the greenery of Asturias 7-10days of clearing the mind and looking for inspiration!! A change of scenery and weather,leaving behind heat, scorched greenery and volcanoes............. hopefully it may rain.

No hay comentarios: